Can I just point out, the Devyne family are doing some of the things you MUST NEVER DO at Christmas at the moment BECAUSE IT'S THE WORST TIME OF YEAR TO DO THEM:
- moving permanently to America
- trying to get a work permit
- selling our house in the UK
- buying a house in Arizona
- arranging for the remainder of our stuff to be shipped over here
- buyng Mr Devyne a car because his work car lease scheme stops because we're moving over here
- trying to get ourselves a better credit rating score because our decades of having a decent credit rating in the UK mean NOTHING over here and we're starting from scratch again - just fantastic when you need to buy a car, get a mortgage, buy furniture......all with a zero credit rating....it's oh so much fun.
So sometimes you just have to spend the day in your daughter's school class making them hot cocoa for their pyjama party and glueing plasticine noses onto brick snowmen (though I am trying to wipe all knowledge of that craft project from my head before Melchett brings it home tonight to surprise me with) to put perspective on all the craziness that is Christmas AND moving to America.
And then you have to come home, listen to the beautiful silence and make yourself a cup of coffee with Peppermint Mocha Coffee Mate in your favourite Christmas Peanuts (not to be confused with Circus Peanuts:
As I was saying....drinking coffee.....peppermint mocha coffeemate.....favourite Christmas Peanuts mug.........mmmmmmmmmmm, that's better.
Tomorrow I'll show you proper Christmassy crafty things I helped the children make at school today, promise.