I shouldn't be typing this......I'm last-minute-making a 'thing' for the Tiki Goes Seattle Northwest Tiki Social (the 'do' at BurlyCon on Friday night). And last-minute-glueing stuff on other stuff too. Not that I always things last minute, no, not at all, how could you insinuate such a thing! I'm hurt.
And I shouldn't even be last-minute-making anything, I should be packing for BurlyCon 2011!
My plane to Seattle leaves at 7.30am tomorrow morning.......and the logistics of getting to the airport and then Mr Devyne getting the kids back to school (for Goth Child's stupidly early 1st class) mean we'll be leaving the house just after 5am. How I'm going to beautify myself before this and then stay awake all day through the wonderful classes, posh Vintage get-together and first lot of Peer Reviews I haven't a clue.
I cannot wait! There are tons of performers I'm looking forward to seeing who I met there last year and at the Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend this summer. And there are loads of others who I've met and made friends with over the internet in the past few years who I've never met in 'real life'........let's see how out of date all our profile pics actually are ;)
I haven't a clue how blogging is going to work over the next few days, I have Typepad (this blog's platform) and Tumblr (the sister blog Absobloominglutely) both on my 'phone as apps but I know from experience both can be temperamental, especially Typepad so it's possible, nay probable that I might just be putting stuff up on Absobloominglutely for the next few days and definitely follow my Twitter if you're interested, as only the cutting off of my arms, legs and nose would stop me tweeting!
Highlights of the next few days for me include:
- definitely watching the Peer Reviews each night (for more about when I did a slot in the Peer Reviews last year click here) seeing newbies to seasoned performers, half formed to fully formed routines wanting advice on how to move to the next level - they're possibly the best thing about the whole weekend
- so many fabulous classes and astounding teachers that I can't make my mind up by flipping a coin for most as there are tons of delicious clashes - ones I'm especially looking forward to are: History of Burlesque Hall of Fame with Jo Weldon, panels on Ageing and Burlesque (something that's been preying on my mind for a bit now) and Performing from your heart and joy instead of fear and ego, the Wonderful World of Self Creation with World Famous *BOB*, Photo Basics for Performers with the Dale Rio, Costuming on the Cheap with costume engineer extraordinaire Penny Starr Jr., Hyper Feminity as a form of Drag: Female impersonation in Burlesque with Dr Lucky, oh and so many others, too many to list!
- meeting Dizzy Swank ;) one of the 1st burlesque friends I made on Twitter but I've never actually met him - he's going to get the biggest British hug (that's code for a polite handshake, nah not really, I've instructions from burlesquers all the round the world to pass on their love to him, it could get messy).
- the evening socials/parties - Vintage on Thursday, Tiki Goes Seattle on Friday (I did threaten to wear a bra made out of Starbucks cups, long johns, leis and a grass skirt......but then I found some 'material' in my favourite Goodwill (charity) store/shop), Neon Dance Party on Saturday
- trying not to spend too much money on sparkly things in the Vending Room where tons of fabulous sellers will be touting their wares.
ANYWAY, I really should be getting on.....
.....this isn't going to make itself:
Squee! (as my daughters would say)